In an effort to unite both sides of District C, Councilmember Freddie King, III is proud to announce the inaugural District C Crawfish Cook-off.
“I encourage all neighborhood associations, social organizations, schools, and small businesses to join us,” said Council Member King. “Nothing brings New Orleanians together quite like a good crawfish boil.”
WHO: Councilmember King and District C.
WHAT: Crawfish Cook-off
WHEN: Saturday, June 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Federal City Greenspace, 2500 General Meyers Ave., New Orleans, LA 70114
The crawfish will be provided for the cook off. Participants will be responsible for providing everything else necessary for a successful crawfish boil. This includes:
1. Equipment (boiling pots, propane tanks, etc.)
2. Seasonings and ingredients (spices, lemons, onions, garlic, potatoes, corn, etc.
3. Beverages (water, soft drinks, etc.)
4. Tables, chairs, and tents.
5. Cleanup and waste management in your specific area.
Start getting your team together! The registration cutoff date is May 19, 2023. Teams can sign up via email at Eleanor.Gaudin@nola.gov.