Information Sources for post-Hurricane IDA:
– https://ready.nola.gov/; Text NOLAREADY to 77295 for updates
– Call 311 to report issues
River in New Orleans. We are approximately 10-15 minutes away from the Central Business District.
The purpose of the Association is to preserve our subdivision as a high quality residential neighborhood, while promoting civic participation and social improvement of the residents of Walnut Bend. We encourage all residents to become active in your neighborhood association. It is only through your participation and active involvement that we can better our neighborhood and the Algiers community. Some of our associations activities include:
- publishing a bi- monthly community newsletter
- bi- monthly open community meetings to address the needs of our
residents and businesses
- maintenance of the Walnut Bend neighborhood signs on each end
Holiday Drive, our main thoroughfare
- our annual Night Out Against Crime community celebration
- our Board of Directors working diligently to make sure our
community voice is represented at major meetings, such as at the City
Council and LRA Recovery sessions
- an annual Easter Egg Hunt for neighborhood children
- volunteers working on Membership, Beautification, Public
Information and Affairs, the Cardinal Newsletter,, Newsletter Ads and
Distribution, and the Website!
If your membership with the Walnut Bend Civic Association has expired, we hope that you will renew today! If you are not a recent member, we extend to you a welcome and invitation to join the WBCA as a new member. You can join or renew by completing the Membership Form. Non-residents are also invited to join as Friends of Walnut Bend.
Walnut Bend is a great place to live. Volunteerism fosters relationships with schools, churches, businesses, charities and government. Come to the quarterly meetings. Both you and the Walnut Bend Civic Association will benefit from your participation.